Exciting Employment Opportunities for Primary and Secondary Teachers in 2018
Al Siraat College is an Australian school in the Islamic tradition and caters for students of all school year levels from Foundation to Year 12. The College is growing every year and our enrollment will be over 900 students in 2018. Al Siraat College is located in the Northern growth corridor of Melbourne.
- We are seeking innovative, energetic staff to enhance our already rich learning environment in fulfilling the unique vision of the College.
- Applications are sought from suitably qualified and experienced teachers for the following teaching positions.
- VIT registration is essential and Australian school teaching experience is preferred.
- Applications must include a cover letter, CV and three confidential referees and be emailed to email@example.com
Child Safety Statement:
Al Siraat College has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to acting in children’s best interests and keeping them safe from harm. The School promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, those who are from a culturally or linguistically diverse background or those who are of Aboriginal heritage. All applicants are to be aware that the School carries out appropriate checks to ensure candidates are suitable for working within a child safe school environment.
All candidates must be eligible for VIT registration.
Please address any communication for the attention of the Principal, Mr Andrew Houghton.
Applications remain open until all positions are filled.
- If suitable candidates are found prior to this date, then interviews and offers may be made before the application end date.
Please refer to the related publications on this page for the position description for a general classroom and specialist teachers.
Head of Early Years (F-4) – This is a full-time College Management Team position.
The College is looking for an instructional leader with a passion for the Early Years and a desire to lead a team of teachers in best practice. The position also involves managing the day-to-day operations of the Early Years and working closely with the College Directors, Head of Middle Years (5-9) and Head of Senior Years (10-12). Prior leadership experience would be beneficial. Please refer to the position description.
The College continues to experience positive growth and has established waiting lists at many levels across the Early Years.
Primary Classroom Teaching – 4 full-time positions available and 2 part-time (0.6FTE over 5 days). Some positions may be offered as fixed-term contracts.
The Primary School continues to grow and in 2018 and has established waiting lists at many levels. Al Siraat is seeking energetic and passionate educators to join our vibrant Primary Team.
Primary Physical Education F-6 (1.0 FTE)
This position would be teaching Physical Education to Foundation to Year 6 classes. We currently have 4 Physical Education staff working across the College and are looking for a dynamic educator with a passion for teaching Physical Education across all ages.
Primary Arabic (1.0 FTE)
This position would be teaching across Years 3 to 6. Each class has 3 periods across 10 days. The candidate would be joining a team of 4 Arabic teachers.
Secondary Science Years 7-10 & VCE (Unit 1 &2) Biology (1.0 FTE)
There is a full-time position available. This position covers Years 7 – 10 Science. The College uses the Jacaranda (Jacplus) texts on the iPad, however a teacher is not constrained to teaching from the text.
Year 7 to 9 Design & Technology and Robotics Teaching Position (0.6 FTE)
Al Siraat College is looking for a dynamic and innovative Design & Technology and Robotics teacher for Yr 7 to 9 cohort. The college places a heavy emphasis in the area of STEM and is looking for a suitable applicant that is able to contribute towards this vision. The candidate will be required to develop our Design & Technology and Robotics programme to ensure that our students are well-equipped in this highly exciting discipline. The candidate will be working in our new state of the art TEAMS (Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics and Science) Building and implementing our Design& Technology and Robotics curriculum.
The applicant should have or be working towards the following:
- Innovative and creative problem solver that is able to work independently.
- Good understanding of coding and programming language to run robotics programmes.
- Teach robotics programmes such as Lego Mindstorm ev3, VEX Robotics, First Robotics etc.
- Have the necessary qualification to teach Design & Technology.
- Be familiar with production processes such as vacuum forming, press forming, 3D printing, laser printing etc.
- Undergone the course VIC22231 Safe Use of Machinery in Technology Teaching (preferable).
The College would consider any combination of the above advertised positions and time fractions for a suitably qualified candidate.
We are keen to attract teachers that are:
- Able to demonstrate the ability to engage students;
- Capable of differentiating the curriculum;
- Self directed in creating a stimulating learning environment;
- Willing and able to work in a Professional Learning Community based teams;
- Committed to raising student achievement;
- Internally resourceful: Have the creative drive within themselves to be resourceful;
- Team Players;
- Constant learners that reflect on their teaching practise to continually improve.;
- Open to new ideas, innovations and suggestions on how to improve their teaching;
- Committed to take on classroom management with maturity;
- Capable of building a positive rapport with students, staff and the school community;
- Willing to develop and participate in the College’s co-curricular program.
The successful applicant will be involved in on-going professional development working in collaborative teams.
All successful candidates will be expected to work in and support the Islamic ethos of the school.