Al Siraat has a camp program for students in Years 3 to 10. Each year we look for camps to offer a combination of adventure based activities and curriculum enriching activities.
We separate the boys and girls from Year 5, offering both a Junior School camp and Senior Boys and Senior Girls camp. The camp dates vary depending on appropriate facilities being available. Camps costs are kept to a minimum and are included as part of the Composite Levy of the College fees.
During camp, we provide an opportunity for religious reflection and all prayers are conducted. All food is halal and great care is taken to ensure appropriate separation on genders if we are required to share a camp venue with another school. As in the previous year, our 2017 camps are going to be out for three days and two nights, except for the Year 3 camp which will once again be a one night sleepover in the Junior School building on the College grounds.
The children love the camping programme with an opportunity to build positive relationships with each other and the staff. The adventure activities are offered as a challenge by choice, with children engaging at their level while being challenged to push themselves out of their comfort zone. Many children (and staff) overcome fears and returned enriched for the opportunity to try something new.
The camps for 2017 are:
- Senior Boys: ADANAC (Yarra Junction) – Term 1
- Senior Girls: ADANAC (Yarra Junction) – Term 1
- Years 3 to 6: Camp Manyung (Mount Eliza) – Term 2
The camps for 2016 (during Term 1) were:
- Senior Girls: The Summit (Trafalgar)
- Senior Boys: The Summit (Trafalgar)
- Years 4 to 6: Alexandra Adventure Resort (Alexandra)
- Year 3: Scienceworks and planetarium sleepover (Melbourne)
The camps for 2015 were:
- Senior Boys – Anglesea recreation camp (Anglesea)
- Senior Girls – Camp Manyung (Mt Eliza)
- Years 4 to 6 – Lady Northcote Camp (Baccus Marsh)
- Year 3 – Scienceworks and planetarium sleepover (Melbourne)
The camps for 2014 were all held at different times at
- "Camp Kangaroobie" (Princetown/Great Ocean Road)