Teaching in Years Foundation to Year 4 is based around the Australian Developmental Curriculum, along with using the new Australian Curriculum. The core subjects offered in these levels are:
- Islamic Studies
- Inquiry learning
- Sports and PE
In addition to the above subjects, our students also attend Lalor library on a regular basis, participate in competitions, attend a number of excursions and incursions, along with enjoying a host of special events held at the College.
In practice, our curriculum uses a mix throughout the day of active hands on play and project based work, alongside group times, personal reflection times, projects, skill instruction and other learning experiences provided by our school.
When planning, our teachers take into account a variety of domains essential for a balanced overall approach. These are:
- Emotional domain – Refers to a range of elements of maturity centred around the individual.
- Social Domain – This refers to a range of elements of maturity centred around the individual in relation to others.
- Cognitive domain – Refers to a range of elements related to thinking and of making sense.
- Language Domain – Refers to elements related within expression and articulation in communication.
- Physical Domain – Refers to elements related within Gross motor, fine motor and bilateral coordination including spatial awareness. It also includes body image, health, and nutrition.