The vibrant and diverse fabric of our College community was on full display during last Friday’s Cultural Day incursion, presented to our Year 4 students by our enthusiastic and dedicated staff.
This much-anticipated event provided a unique opportunity for students to appreciate the rich tapestry of cultures that exist within our College.
Students were most excited to
- sample delicious Egyptian Koshari
- observe a German tea ceremony
- learn the art of Pakistani embroidery
- dress up as an Aussie
- embark on a virtual South African safari
- try on Kurdish clothing
- participate in an Eritrean coffee ritual; and
- learn more about Malay costumes, traditional weapons and martial arts techniques.
The cultural celebrations finished with a delicious lunch of Thai fried noodles for all Year 4 students and participating staff members.
We extend our heartfelt appreciation to our staff who worked tirelessly to ensure a comprehensive representation of the various cultures within our school community. Their passion for cultural diversity has left an indelible impact on our students, enabling them to develop a global perspective and become true citizens of the world.