Our current Year 6 students as well as newly enrolled students for Year 7 in 2023 explored the new world of Secondary School over the course of two days this week as part of the ASC Secondary School Transition Program.
The comprehensive transition program is aimed providing valuable insights about secondary school by providing students with an opportunity to establish some familiarity with their new class, peers, teachers, learning environment and routines. The two-day program involved a series of activities, including:
- Introduction to Secondary School.
- Expectations and Procedures in Secondary School.
- Meeting Homegroup teachers
- Meeting Secondary teachers.
- Engaging taster classes including Science, Mathematics, English, PE, Humanities and Food Technology.
- Meeting senior buddies.
- Morning tea with teachers and buddies.
- Q & A with Senior students and current Year 7 students.
We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with our newest and youngest students and look forward to having them join us in 2023.