A Special "Welcome Ramadan Celebration" was conducted for our Senior Girls in Years 7 to 10 earlier today to celebrate next week’s arrival of the sacred month of Ramadan.
Students were treated to some delicious Algerian date cakes and other sweets and were excited to receive door prizes, awards and gifts for answering correctly in the Islamic Quiz.
They were also presenting inspirational speeches and nasheeds. Ms Khadeejah was leading through the program which ran as follows:
• Welcome (Ms Rahat)
• Qur'an Recital with English Translation (Fatima M. Yr 10 and Jannah W. Yr 7)
• Targheeb about Ramadan (Ms Khadeejah)
• Door Prizes (Ms Breis)
• Virtues of Ramadan (Aisha Ahmed and Sarah Yr 8)
• A Story of Fasting (Tayyiba Yr 8)
• Allah Ta’aala’s 99 Names (Clarissa Yr 7)
• Recital of the Asma ul Husna (Year 7’s)
• Benefitting Others and caring for the Poor and Needy during Ramadan (Asha D. & Hajar O.)
• Volunteer Awards (Yr 9’s and Sr Khadeejah)
• Nasheed "Sing, Children of the World" (Aisha I. and Yr 9’s)
• Dua & Closure (Sr Khadeejah)
• Distribution of Date Cakes, Sweets and "Virtues of Ramadan" Booklets
Al Siraat College staff would like to wish all students, parents and the wider College community a blessed start of Ramadan: RAMADAN MUBARAK!!!