Our Year 7 and 8 students successfully participated in two Maths Games Day excursion this and last week.
The aim of this program is to challenge high ability students in a fun, challenging, collaborative and competitive Maths-based games day. Our students competed for a variety of prizes including individual prizes for creativity, contribution to group work, and lucky door prizes.
Annual Maths Games Day is an opportunity for students to:
- apply and develop their mathematical talents and thinking skills in a setting where Maths is regarded as fun and worthwhile;
- work with like-minded high ability students from a diverse range of schools;
- participate in mathematical activities and games without the usual classroom pressures;
- work effectively in teams and develop strategies to work collaboratively to solve problems;
- enhance their problem-solving skills;
- get excited about mathematics, whilst being rewarded through prizes and awards.