We understand that there are many variations in regards to communication about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact upon our schooling systems in Australia. Al Siraat College has done and will continue to follow the advice of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
DHHS has released a statement in relation to school closures in the State of Victoria.
Actions taken at Al Siraat:
We have formed a working group to deal with the evolving situation around COVID-19. This includes the establishment of the following subgroups:
- Learning Continuity: ensuring learning continues subjective to any required school closures.
- Communication: ensuring accurate and timely information is relayed to parents, students and the wider community.
- Hygiene: ensuring ongoing education about hygiene is delivered to our students, parents and wider community, extra onsite cleaning and sanitisation.
- Events / Planning: assessing risks involved with larger gatherings and postponing or cancelling where deemed necessary such as assemblies, some excursions and inter-school sporting events
Actions parents and students can take:
- Hygiene in the home: ask your children to assist with cleaning in your home so that they understand the importance of hygiene.
- Hygiene at school: we have removed the towels from the Musallah and ask that you encourage your child to provide their own small hand towels for making wudu where applicable.
Sending work home:
Whilst we respect every parents right to keep their child/children at home, at this time we are unable to supply work for your child/children via email or an online learning platform. We are fully committed to maintaining the continuity of learning, and need this time to make appropriate preparations. At this point, we will be continuing with Parent Teacher Interviews and our Salaah Program as scheduled.
Suspected and confirmed cases:
Please contact us immediately if:
- You, your child or a family member is suspected of having or confirmed with coronavirus.
- You, your child or a family member is undertaking testing due to being a suspected case of coronavirus.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) advice is that students, staff and close community members should self-isolate from the school if the following applies:
- The person is a confirmed case of coronavirus.
- The person is a close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus in the past 14 days.
- Everyone arriving into Australia from overseas from midnight, Sunday 15 March, will be required to self-isolate for 14 days. As they are required to self-isolate, they must not visit the school or early childhood service to pick up children or for any other reason.
If you suspect you may have the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), call the dedicated hotline – open 24 hours, 7 days: 1800 675 398
Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.