Al Siraat College accepts children wishing to enter all levels from Foundation to Year 12, subject to availability. In 2018, we have over 960 students enrolled in the College. We endeavour to restrict classes to 25 students, however, under some circumstances some classes may exceed this number.
While Al Siraat enrols most new students to commence at the beginning of the year, we do take students throughout the year subject to vacancies. Our Junior, Middle and Senior Years now have waiting lists at many year levels.
2019 applications for most year levels have been finalised.
While you may still apply online, your child’s application WILL BE WAITLISTED until further notice.
2020 Applications are OPEN.
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED!
When applying, you must ensure that your child’s application is complete, ie. you need to upload your child’s
- Birth Certificate or passport copy
- Immunisation Certificate (from Medicare)
- 2018 Semester 1 school report
- NAPLAN results
- Pay $50 Enrolment Application Fee (per child).
You can either upload these mandatory documents ONLINE with the application form OR hand them in to the office IN PERSON on the SAME DAY or EMAIL them to firstname.lastname@example.org
To Enrol Your Child
- Attend a 'Look and Learn' Tour. Families are required to attend a tour prior to being offered an enrolment interview.
- Please complete an application form for each child seeking admission using our
Online Application Portal
- Attach the supporting documents to COMPLETE the application:
- Australian Birth Certificate or Passport, or (foreign) Passport and Australian Visa
- Immunisation certificate (available from Medicare and compulsory on enrolment)
- The most recent academic report
- Any other documentation such as specialist medical reports.
- Print and have BOTH parents sign the application.
- Pay the $50 application fee per child seeking admission.
Al Siraat College is an Australian School in the Islamic Tradition. An important part of our learning is to uphold Islamic values in relation to manners, honesty and working together. Particular focus will be made on behaviour of students in determining the application.
Look & Learn Tours
The College will hold tours throughout the term for families wishing to seek enrolment. Principal Mr Fazeel Arain will give an overview of the Vision, Values and strategic directions of the College. Tours of our Junior, Middle and Senior Years will be held followed by morning tea and an opportunity to speak directly with our Heads of Years Ms Evla (Junior Years), Mr Vis (Middle Years) and Ms Hatice (Senior Years/VCE).
Attending a tour is a compulsory part of the enrolment process.
Students seeking enrolment in our Middle and Senior Years or who are applying from interstate/overseas are required to attend a PAT (Progressive Achievement Test). This computer generated assessment is used in thousands of schools in Australia and around the world and focuses on assessing the student’s growth and understanding in English and Mathematics. It is underpinned by an understanding that students of the same age and in the same year level can be at very different points in their learning and development.
- Foundation – Year 4 Assessments were held on Saturday, 23 June 2018 (Round 1) and Friday, 10 August 2018 (Round 2).
- Years 5 – 12 Assessments were held on Wednesday, 1 August (Round 1) and Tuesday, 7 August 2018 (Round 2).
No further assessments dates have been scheduled for the time being.
The parents and children will need to attend an enrolment interview with our Heads of Years prior to and offer being made or their commencement. Not all applicants will necessarily be invited for an interview, depending on the number of children on the waiting list. An enrolment interview will only be offered after all documents are provided and a full application completed.
Offers of Places
Offers of places are made as a result of a successful interview. This will be based on a probationary period of one full school term (at least 9 weeks). Upon acceptance of an Offer of Enrolment, the necessary forms are required to be returned to the school and the fee for one term per child will be due and payable to confirm the enrolment. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
If your child has Asthma and/or food allergies, including Anaphylaxis, we require a medical Action Plan signed by your health professional (forms available for download from this page). If an offer is not made at this time, the child’s name may remain on the waiting list for a future vacancy.
Upon acceptance of an Offer of Enrolment, the fee for one term will be due and payable to confirm the
enrolment. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.