ResourceSmart Schools (RSS) is an award-winning Victorian Government program that assists schools like our’s to embed sustainability in everything we do. As one of the participating schools, Al Siraat has pledged to minimise waste, save energy and water, promote biodiversity and take action on climate change to benefit our school and community.
Managed by Sustainability Victoria, ResourceSmart Schools provides practical support to reduce resource use and make cost savings, integrate sustainability into the curriculum and share learnings beyond the school gate.
Key features of ResourceSmart Schools:
- Facilitation and support: Sustainability experts support schools on their journey to embed sustainability into operations and provide support on how to measure and track their school’s progress. The service is free and open to every Victorian school.
- Recognition: Schools can receive Sustainability Certification and can enter the ResourceSmart Schools Awards to be recognised and rewarded for school activities and achievements.
- Savings: Schools learn to operate more sustainably; reducing costs to save on electricity, water and waste bills, and greenhouse gas emissions, to minimise their impact on the environment.
- Flexibility: Schools work through the ResourceSmart Schools program and create a unique environmental management system tailored to their needs.
- Curriculum: Schools are assisted to embed sustainability into all learning areas and levels of the Victorian curriculum.
Al Siraat College is currently working on receiving accreditation by Sustainability Victoria as a Resource Smart School. We invite you to be part of our journey towards a more sustainable school and community.
Click here to find out more about this fantastic initiative.