- Positions Posted: 16 August 2019
We are recruiting for the following positions, commencing in 2020:
- PRIMARY TEACHERS
- SECONDARY TEACHERS (ENGLISH, HUMANITIES, MATHS, SCIENCE, FOOD TECH/TEXTILES, PHYSICAL EDUCATION & HEALTH, ROBOTICS)
- ARABIC/ISLAMIC STUDIES TEACHER
Al Siraat College is a Foundation to Year 12 Islamic school located in the Northern growth corridor of Melbourne (Epping). Having made a significant impact since its foundation year in 2009 within the broader community, the College continues to expand apace with strong enrolment growth at all levels. Our aim is to use learning as the pathway to develop students of refined character.
We are seeking innovative and energetic teachers to enhance our already rich learning environment in fulfilling the unique vision of the College.
We are keen to attract teachers that are:
- Able to engage students through stimulating lesson delivery;
- Keen to reach every student through use of effective differentiation and care;
- Committed to raising student achievement without exception;
- Internally resourceful: Have the creative drive within;
- Able to use feedback and reflection to improve their practise;
- Open to new ideas, innovations and emerging technologies;
- Committed to managing the class with consideration and compassion;
- Capable of building a positive rapport with students, staff and parents;
- Willing to develop and participate in the College’s co-curricular program.
In return you will be rewarded with:
- The flexibility to implement new ideas;
- The satisfaction of making an impact;
- Excellent training opportunities;
- Welcoming and caring environment;
- Weekly professional development program;
- Salary of $65,500 to $103,000 per annum.
To apply for this position you will need to:
- Email your resume and other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Include details of referees;
- Have / obtain teaching registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (www.vit.vic.edu.au). Details on how to register as a teacher in the state of Victoria can be found here.
All successful candidates will be expected to work in and support the Islamic ethos of the school.
Al Siraat is a Standard Business Sponsor, allowing us to sponsor overseas citizens to work in Australia in nominated positions. The College will work with successful applicants to assist with visa processing.
Child Safety Statement:
Al Siraat College has a zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to acting in children’s best interests and keeping them safe from harm. The School promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, those who are from a culturally or linguistically diverse background or those who are of Aboriginal heritage. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct.