Al Siraat College is privileged to have hosted Shaykh Tariq Jamil, one of the most prominent scholars of the Muslim world.
The Shaykh conducted two programs at the College. The first was an exclusive speech and dinner program for key people of the Al Siraat community, as well as various dignitaries. This event took place in the Musalla, TEAMS and primary buildings at the College on Friday, 11 October 2019.
The second and main program held on Saturday, 12 October was the highlight of the Melbourne tour.
The Shaykh, may Allah protect and reward him, enlightened an audience of 3,000 people, with some powerful insights and advice, garnished with a healthy dose of light humour.
Some of the key points Mawlana Tariq Jamil touched upon were:
- Building a profound connection with our Creator
- Learning about and connecting with our Prophet (peace and blessings upon him)
- Developing our character and conduct (akhlāq)
- Paying special attention to family
- Raising our children with affection
- Investing locally
- Contributing to local causes
- Establishing strong social institutions locally, and paying attention to the elderly
- Producing good leaders through education
- Being exemplary law-abiding, tax-paying citizens
Mawlana was very pleased to see the work at Al Siraat, and sent a special message to the staff and students after the event:
On behalf of Al Siraat College I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to all those who worked to make this program successful, the Al Siraat teams who worked around the clock, our community volunteers, and anyone who made any type of effort or contribution towards this landmark event.
I would also like to specially acknowledge our audience, who demonstrated great discipline and etiquette before, during and after the program. Things could not have run as smoothly as they did without your cooperation. May Allah bless you all, and grant you the best of both worlds.
Lastly, I would like to thank Mawlana, his family members, their main coordinator Shaykh Nabil Kati, and all those who accompanied them for the opportunity to host this event. Surely the program has left lasting impressions on all those who attended, and will be remembered for years to come.