On Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th December, our current Year 6 students as well as newly enrolled students for Year 7 in 2024 explored the new world of Secondary School over the course of two days.
The two day orientation program is part of our commitment to support students during this transition and is aimed at providing valuable insights about secondary school by giving students an opportunity to establish some familiarity with their new class, peers, teachers, learning environment and routines. The two-day program involved a series of activities, including:
- Introduction to Secondary School
- Expectations and Procedures in Secondary School
- Meeting Secondary teachers
- Meeting our 2024 College Captains Areeba Bilal and Mohammad Awwady
- "Where’s Wally?" Scavenger Hunt to become familiar with the school grounds
- Engaging taster classes including Science, Mathematics, English, PE, Humanities and Food Technology
- Morning tea with teachers
- Tips for transition with our School Counsellor, Mr Nibras.
We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with our newest and youngest students and look forward to having them join us in 2024.